Friday, October 14, 2005

Former Cutthroat Returns East

Photographs by Ellen Harasimowicz, P '06
Always eager to post news with pictures, here is a letter from a MCRC alum, Ben Herter, '03.5 accompanied by photographs from current parent, and freelance photographer, Ellen Harasimowicz.

From the Williams Match:

Winning A Line Out Harasimowicz Photo


Harasimowicz '07 Pressuring Harasimowicz Photo

Ben Herter '03.5 Back in Boston
Ben's 10/1/05 letter:

Mike - Thanks for adding me to the blog. It's always nice to hear that Middlebury is still dominating the DII scene. I'm hoping to see them continue that streak on Homecoming Weekend. [10/15/05 - match with Babson] I think there will be a number of alumni up for that game.


Losambe '07 Dishes Harasimowicz Photo


Alex White '09 Releasing Harasimowicz Photo

As for me, I'm in Boston now, working at an architectural firm downtown and getting my masters of architecture at the Boston Architectural Center (w/ fellow rugby alumnus, Steve "Mess" Messenger). Unfortunately, this doesn't leave me much time to get on the pitch.

From the Bryant Match:

Wilson '07.5 Overruns Bulldog Harasimowicz Photo


Garner '06, and Hewitt '05.5 Take Down Harasimowicz Photo

I practiced with Kevin Immonje a couple of times this summer with the Boston Rugby Club, but that's about the most running I've done in a long while. Before I moved back to Boston I was out in Bozeman, Montana playing with Jody Kramer (on) a men's club -the Bozeman Cutthroats; www.cutthroatrugby.org.


Caleb Consenstein '06 Breaks Loose Harasimowicz Photo


JJ. Jude '08 Runs Wide - Tyler Williams '06 Supports
Harasimowicz Photo

I had no expectations when I went out there, but there turned out to be some great competition. All in all, it was a good ol' time bustin some heads and drinkin some b......umm....pops!
Hey, we even won the 2004 Montana State Rugby Union Championship! Not all that bad. I hope all is well. Keep me posted on the goings-on up in Middlebury. See you up there!.

Ben Herter '03.5 Flank

If you know of anyone eager to receive news about the MCRC, send me an email: Mike Garner, Friends of Rugby, MCRC.


Ellen Harasimowicz Photographing the Bryant Match

Like Vlad the Photographer, Ellen Harasimowicz continues to graciously put up with my tedious photography questions. Most of the photos in this blog quite literally would not be here without her continued and much-appreciated support. Thank you, Ellen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home